Book a Tour

History

Immanuel has a proud 125 year history.

Since 1895, when it was first established as a Lutheran Boarding School by Pastor Leidig at Point Pass (near Eudunda), Immanuel has educated tens of thousands of young people.

In 2020 we celebrated 125 years of Immanuel College; find out more.

Timeline
1895Immanuel College established at Point Pass.
1923With the retirement of Pastor Leidig, the management of Immanuel College passed to Lutheran Church Synod, who decided to move to North Adelaide.
1942North Adelaide buildings were required by the Air Force during World War 2 and the school was given 10 days to move out. A home was found in Walkerville and there it stayed until 1956.
1950Land was purchased at Novar Gardens from the Morphett family of Cummins House.
1957Immanuel College was finally established on its permanent site in Novar Gardens.
1970Immanuel Primary School was established as the first Lutheran primary school in the western suburbs of Adelaide.
1971Immanuel College Chapel opened.
1995Century Theatre opened for Immanuel’s 100th year anniversary.
2007Immanuel Sport Centre opened.
2015The state-of-the-art Senior School, the Margaret Ames Centre opened.